1. Read: Discussion Backgroundminimum necessary rule
Confidential or sensitive information should only be communicated or accessed on a need-to-know basis. According to the , you should only access the amount of information needed to perform your job.
Watch the HIPAA Violations Video to answer this week’s discussion prompts. (Video Transcript).
2. Initial Post: Answer all three parts of the initial prompt below
- In the video, you saw several HIPAA violations. Explain what you would do to reduce these types of violations.
- Have you ever been walking through the hospital and overheard staff talking about patients? If so, what did you do? If not, what would you do if you witnessed a staff member breaching a patient’s confidentiality?
- Choose one of the violations from the video and describe what corrective action should be implemented.
Click the link: